10 Registration Tips For 2019 Autumn Intake Students
The start of 2019 autumn intake is approaching, to help international students who applied through CUCAS and will come to China and start their new study life in this autumn, we created this article to show you some important tips according to this year's latest situation. You are highly suggested to follow tips below to avoid unnecessary problems and register in the university smoothly and successfully.
1. Do not come to China too early. Usually your visa will be expired in 30 days after you entered China, if you come to China too early you may not be able to change your visa into residence permit(which allows you live in China for a longer time) in time, since universities are in summer holiday right now in China, and you will need to go back to your country for a new visa and you will waste a lot of time and money. Please make sure you register during the registration period stated on the admission letter you received. A smooth registration is more important than a cheaper flight.
2. Do not take too many luggages. Every year we met a lot of students who encountered problems due to luggages, such as lost luggages in airport, the delay of luggages or their luggages were broken. You are suggested to only bring necessary things with you, trave light will help you save energy for registration and avoid a lot of problems, and believe me it is very convenient for you to buy different things in China.
3. Not transfer in Hongkong. Due to current protest activities happening in Hongkong, we suggest you not to transfer in Hongkong, in case you were late for registration due to flight or trains were influenced in Hongkong. You can choose to transfer in cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, etc, which are also very convenient for transfer.
4. Book airport pick-up service. Book airport pick-up service in advance will help you a lot. Since many students found it was difficult to go to university from the airport due to the language barrier. Although more and more people in China now speak English, a lot of them don't, such as taxi driver and some staff at the airport. After you booked airport pick-up service, you will have people wait for you in the airport and bring you to the university directly, this will help you avoid problems. You can book airport pick-up service from the university or through CUCAS. (Book now (only available for CUCAS applicants.))
5. Arrive in working hours. Make sure you arrive in working hours in the registration period of universities in China, which is usually from 8 am to 5 pm. You may not be able to find someone for help if you arrived late in the night or on weekends out of registration period.
6. Make sure you fill REGISTRATION OF TEMPORARY RESIDENCE FOR VISITORS. If you check-in in the dormitory directly, the university will help you handle related process, but if you live in the hotel in your first night in China, make sure you ask the landlord to give you REGISTRATION OF TEMPORARY RESIDENCE FOR VISITORS (Check sample) and fill it within 24 hours after you checked in. If you don't live in university or hotel, make sure you contact the local police station to fill it within 24 hours after you arrived at the place you live in. For your first arrival in China, this is necessary.
7. Prepare different ways for payment. Most Chinese universities are restricted with the deadline of tuition fee payment, you are suggested to be well prepared for different ways of payment. You are suggested to transfer tuition fee to university's account before you come, bring bank card available for union pay or try to transfer money to before your departure and open a bank account right are you arrived in China, then you can transfer money to your bank in China. All those ways can help you pay the tuition fee in time and avoid problems.
8. Bring enough original documents. Most Chinese universities require you to bring original documents such as diploma certificate, transcripts, physical examination form, etc. You are suggested to bring all original copies of application documents(and other documents mentioned in the admission letter) with you to the university so that you can show all necessary documents in time.
9. Do NOT buy unnecessary insurance before you come to China. No matter you have bought insurance in your country or not, you will need to buy insurance in the university as an international student, since it is one of the regulations of the Chinese government. So you don't need to buy unnecessary insurance before you leave your country.
10. Download some useful apps before you come to China. You can download some useful apps before you come to China, such as WeChat, Alipay and DiDi, and you can learn how to use them before you come to China. Almost everyone in China uses those apps, and they will help you better get used to Chinese society.
Above are 10 tips we think that are useful for international students, wish all of you have a smooth registration and welcome to China~!
Emergency contact for CUCAS applicants during registration period: Tel: 010-82865135, 13811268050(Jack)